Amy is from Georgia, where she grew up playing junior tennis. Amy acquired a state, southern, and national ranking as a junior player and earned a Divison I scholarship to Coastal Carolina University. She earned numerous honors for her athletics and academics while at CCU. She was named an ITA scholar athlete, team MVP, and played in the 2007 NCAA Championships.
After graduating with a degree in Sports Management, Amy immediately began teaching tennis full time. Amy was the Director of Junior Development from 2008-2012 with Silvia Tennis Academy. She is certified by the USTA in Sports Science and High Performance Player Development. Amy is also certified by the Human Performance Institute in Mental Toughness and by the Professional Tennis Registry.
In 2012, she started Agape Tennis Academy. She was the Director of Tennis at White Columns Country Club from 2012-2016. Amy currently manages DeKalb Tennis Center, the home of Agape Tennis Academy, a seventeen-court facility in Atlanta, Georgia. Amy manages a staff of twenty (20) and thousands of adult and junior players.
In 2016, Agape Tennis Academy was voted Community Outreach Program of the Year by the Georgia Professional Tennis Association (GPTA). In 2017, Amy was voted Tennis Director of the Year and Agape Tennis Academy was named 10 and Under Program of the Year by the GPTA. Agape Tennis Academy was selected as the GPTA’s Prorgram of the Year in 2018. Amy was honored at the PTR Georgia Member of the Year and Tennis Media Group named Agape Tennis Academy its Program of the Year in 2019.
- 2019 Agape Tennis Academy Named Organization of the Year by Tennis Media Group
- 2019 PTR Georgia Member of the Year
- 2018 Georgia Professional Tennis Association Program of the Year
- 2017 Georgia Professional Tennis Association Director of the Year
- 2017 Georgia Professional Tennis Association 10 and Under Program of the Year
- 2016 Community Outreach Program of the Year
- 2014 Member of Vistage, an international CEO leadership group
- 2014 Graduate of Mikki Williams Speakers School
- 2013-2015 Published tennis columnist for local, national, and international tennis magazines
- 2012 Human Performance Institute graduate for Mental Toughness
- 2012 Founded Agape Tennis Academy
- 2011 Certified USTA High Performance Coaching Program
- 2011 Coach for USTA Training Center for nationally ranked juniors
- 2010 Nominated for Head Professional of the Year by GPTA
- 2009 Nominated Assistant Professional of the Year by GPTA
- 2008 Won Program of the Year with Silvia Tennis Academy
- Dean’s List for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 GPA
- 2007 Competed in the NCAA Championships
- 2006 – 2008 All Academic Team
- 2003 – 2008 Competed at the Division I Collegiate level