Amy is from Georgia, where she grew up playing junior tennis. Amy acquired a state, southern, and national ranking as a junior player and earned a Divison I scholarship to Coastal Carolina University. She earned numerous honors for athletics and academics while at CCU. She was named an ITA scholar athlete, team MVP, and played in the 2007 NCAA Championships.
After graduating with a degree in Sports Management, Amy immediately began teaching tennis full time. Amy was the Director of Junior Development from 2008-2012 with Silvia Tennis Academy. In 2012, she started Agape Tennis Academy. She was the Director of Tennis at White Columns Country Club from 2012-2016.
Amy currently manages three facilities in the metro Atlanta area with DeKalb Tennis Center, a 17-court facility, serving as Agape Tennis Academy’s headquarters. She manages a staff of over 50 tennis and pickleball coaches.
Amy is certified by the USTA in Sports Science and High-Performance Player Development. She is certified in Tennis by the Professional Tennis Registry (PTR), Pickleball by the Professional Pickleball Registry (PPR), and platform tennis by the Professional Platform Tennis Registry. Amy is also certified by the Human Performance Institute in Mental Toughness.
She currently coaches and competes at the 5.0 level in pickleball. She has won numerous gold medals at various tournaments in 2020 and 2021, most recently getting gold at the at the Atlanta Open with over 1,400 participants.
In 2021 and 2020, Agape Tennis Academy received the Best of Decatur Award. This award is given to local companies in different categories that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Decatur area a great place to live, work and play. The mission is to recognize the small business community’s contributions to the U.S. economy.
In 2019, Amy was honored as the PTR Georgia Member of the Year and Tennis Media Group named Agape Tennis Academy Organization of the Year. Agape Tennis Academy was selected as the GPTA’s (Georgia Professional Tennis Association) Program of the Year in 2018. In 2017, Amy was voted Tennis Director of the Year and Agape Tennis Academy was named 10 and Under Program of the Year by the GPTA. In 2016, Agape Tennis Academy was voted Community Outreach Program of the Year by the GPTA.
- 2021 Best of Decatur
- 2020 Best of Decatur
- 2019 Organization of the Year by Tennis Media Group
- 2019 PTR Georgia Member of the Year
- 2018 Georgia Professional Tennis Association Program of the Year
- 2017 Georgia Professional Tennis Association Director of the Year
- 2017 Georgia Professional Tennis Association 10 and Under Program of the Year
- 2016 Community Outreach Program of the Year
- 2014 Member of Vistage, an international CEO leadership group
- 2014 Graduate of Mikki Williams Speakers School
- 2013-2015 Published tennis columnist for local, national, and international tennis magazines
- 2012 Founded Agape Tennis Academy
- 2011 Certified USTA High Performance Coaching Program
- 2011 Coach for USTA Training Center for nationally ranked juniors
- 2010 Nominated for Head Professional of the Year by GPTA
- 2009 Nominated Assistant Professional of the Year by GPTA
- 2008 Won Program of the Year with Silvia Tennis Academy
- Dean’s List for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 GPA
- 2007 Competed in the NCAA Championships
- 2006 – 2008 All Academic Team
- 2003 – 2008 Competed at the Division I Collegiate level