Agape has a deep tradition of donating time and raising funds for Georgia charitable organizations. We believe it is our responsibility to give back to the community through tennis events and youth development.
- Partnership with Emory Sports Medicine
- Partnership with Business Women Love Tennis – an organization that uses tennis as a transformative tool to connect and support women in business and life.
- Partnership with Your Serve Tennis
- Supporter of Sporty Girls – an organization commited to cultivating, enriching, and challenging young women to participate in golf, lacrosse, soccer, swimming, and tennis while fostering and developing lifestyle and academic skills.
- Hosts for Special Pops – an organization that offers an adaptive tennis program specifically designed to share the lifetime sport of tennis with children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Hosts for Aceing Autism – an organization that connects children with autism through unique tennis programs, and to develop and advance proven methods to positively impact the children, families and communities they serve.
- Raised $80,000 for enAble of Georgia
- Growing Leaders for Life Partnership
- Volunteer work at the Ron Clark Academy
Quincy Jones, CEO of Beats the Streets is the Community Outreach Director at Agape Tennis Academy. In 2016, Agape Tennis Academy was voted the Community Outreach Program of the Year by the Georgia Tennis Association.
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS
Agape Tennis Academy is partnering with BBBS to provide tennis programming for this outstanding organization. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta works with volunteers, parents and families to create one-to-one mentoring relationships that defend, inspire and empower the potential that lives within every kid. We are ready to build the best and biggest possible future, together.
EMORY TENNIS MEDICINE PARTNERS WITH AGAPE TENNIS ACADEMY
Tennis medicine is a unique program offered by the Emory Sports Medicine Center which promotes health through tennis and provides specialized treatment for a wide range of tennis- related injuries.
Through this partnership we will offer competitive and recreational players of all ages and abilities comprehensive care in a way that is specific to the game. Our physicians and staff are tennis experts who look for the root cause of every injury, and then provide proper medical treatment.
Key components of our partnership with Agape Tennis Academy include:
1. On-site athletic trainer available for injury evaluations on Mondays at Agape @ Dekalb Tennis Center (contact email@example.com for more info)
2. Expedited scheduling for evaluation and consult with Emory Tennis Medicine physician, Dr. Neeru Jayanthi and other tennis medicine colleagues
3. A network of experts in tennis-specific performance, rehabilitation, nutrition, and psychology
4. Immediate access with tennis injury hotline for players within 24-48 hrs.
5. Access for selective on court stroke evaluations (junior/elite tournament players and select adult players) with Emory tennis medicine specialist.
Agape Tennis Academy was honored to help provide and introduce tennis to 200 young minority girls right here in DeKalb County with USTA Atlanta and Sporty Girls. The mission of Sporty Girls is to cultivate, enrich, and challenge young, minority women to participate in swimming, soccer, tennis, golf, and lacrosse while developing and fostering lifestyle and academic skills. Sporty Girls founder, Rashan Ali is from DeKalb County and is a celebrity actress, radio personality, tv host, mother, wife, philanthropist, and overall an extraordinary woman. Agape supports Sporty Girls all the way!
BUSINESS WOMEN LOVE TENNIS
Business Women Love Tennis, a high-performance, personal growth brand created by strategist and speaker Sheronde Glover hosted its second Business and Tennis Clinic on Friday, June 21st at Dekalb Tennis Center in conjunction with Agape Tennis Academy.
A group of diverse women —– entrepreneurs, business owners, and career women —- came together for a morning of business and tennis drills. The clinic, Enhancing Your Network: The Power of Connection was 2.5 hours of networking, tennis drills, food, fun, and music. Participants were able to connect, collaborate and enjoy it all on the tennis courts, then reflect on what they learned and how it applies in business and life.
HOPE PERFORMANCE TENNIS
Thank you to all our Agape students and families who donated used tennis equipment, gear, and clothing to the youth tennis players in Ghana, Africa through Hope Performance Tennis. The boxes we filled at DeKalb Tennis Center are being shipped over to Ghana! These items have a huge impact for them. In other news, the Ghana Davis Cup team recently had some strong results! Thank you for helping us change lives not only locally, but internationally. Thank you Coach Enock Godi for the work you are doing in your country!
SPORT FOR GOOD ATLANTA
At the newly renovated YMCA of Metro Atlanta with Sport for Good Atlanta. Sport for Good Atlanta is a long-term, collaborative approach to strengthening Westside communities through the power of sport. In July 2017, this commitment to the Vine City, English Avenue, and Washington Park neighborhoods announced funding for 14 local programs that are using sport to improve the lives of youth. Together, stakeholders from these neighborhoods have set shared goals to envision a brighter future for kids on the Westside. Agape Tennis is happy to be involved with this initiative.